Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Something for ME

I've had my eye on this pattern from Sewing in No Man's Land for a while now.  And since the ratio of daughter to mom clothing seemed very unbalanced in my household, I figured it was my turn again.






The pattern itself was very easy to follow. However, I did have to make a few minor modifications.  On her tutorial, Kelly has a downloadable pattern for the belt piece.  My body shape must be a little different because the belt did not lay flat on me; it jutted out at the top.  So I put two darts in the waistband.

You can kinda see the one of the darts in this photo, just above and to the right of the bow.  I'm sure it would be more visible if I had a better camera... but I won't get into that now.

I also added an extra layer underneath.  I had an old sundress that I relegated to my fabric stash that had a thin slip underneath.  I used a layer of that underneath and attached lace to the bottom so that it would peek out underneath.

And that was it. I wore it to work this week (wait, was that last week?) and I did get many compliments.  Some of them were from the (middle school) students... so those count double ;)   

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the fabric you used here! Great work, this is such a cute skirt!

    Thanks for dropping by Happy Hour Projects and leaving the sweet comment. :)

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I would like to make this skirt, how did you cut out the skirt pieces? Is it 2 rectangular pieces, or how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to post :)