Saturday, July 7, 2012

I'm Back, Baby!

It has been a while since I have posted; and I feel bad about that.  It has been a whirlwind week for me... quite literally.  

It started with a very destructive derecho last Friday night.  I had no idea what a derecho is until I was huddled in the downstairs bathroom with my daughter, a flashlight and couch cushions over our heads.  It's an intense thunderstorm that sounds like a tornado and feels like a hurricane.

It knocked down trees and power lines in it's enormous path.  Our house was without power for 4 or 5 days.  Luckily, there was minimal damage at our house and we left for the beach the morning after the storm.  In fact, I think the only casualty at our house was this mirror that fell from the wall.  For some lucky reason there was a box filled with padding just below it where it safely landed.  The crack in the mirror was already there.

Even though I wasn't blogging, I still had an awesome week!  And I'm not just talking about the beach part.

My Pantsformation post was featured at Crafting a Greener World this week.  I am so excited about this!  If you have not visited this site yet, then you need to check it out.  They have all kinds of great crafty ideas re-using things that we might otherwise throw away.  

Also this week, my Ruffleback Dress was featured at Mine for the Making.  This is another fantastic DIY site with lost of tutorials and links to other nerdy crafty folks such as myself :)

Of course I have some very big, ambitious, crafty plans on my agenda this week.  I am afraid to tell you what they are because I don't want to jinx anything.  You will just have to wait and see ;) 


2 comments:

  1. Wow - glad to hear all is well! Congrats on your features - your projects are awesome you deserve a pat on the back! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leslie! You put a huge smile on my face :)

      Delete

I love comments. Please feel free to post :)