Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baby Blanket Dress

I used a Pattern, y'all!  That's so not like me.  But I had seen an adorable "little grey dress" pinned on Pinterest recently that looked perfect for autumn.  And then I came across a wonderful free pattern here.  I think she did a knock-out job replicating the dress :)

For the fabric I used one of BB's old baby blankets.  It's a medium weight fleece. And it makes the dress super cozy.

I added rik-rak to the bottom. It's the Disney kind that you may have come across in fabric stores.  It was on clearance at Michael's recently.

So... free pattern... free fabric... cheapo rik-rak... about two hours of time... and PRESTO CHANGO!  A fab new dress!



The pattern is labeled as a 4/5, which is what BB wears. It came out a little short. She will probably be wearing leggings with this one.

Here are some more shameless pics of my little princess modeling her new dress:












6 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for sharing!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dress! Your little princess looks adorable. I like the photo of her sticking her tongue out : )

    Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - I love recycling or upcycling things - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the upcycling. I think the dress looks fab on your sweetie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful and we love having you at Whimsy Wednesday! Thank you for partying with us!
    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}
    http://www.facebook.com/SmartSchoolHouse
    www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I just love the tucks up top! And how fun that you reused a blanket for it! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to post :)