Sunday, December 23, 2012

Freeform Sewing


If sewing was like music, this dress would be freeform jazz. The other day I just grabbed some fabric scraps and started sewing. This is what happened...


The base of the dress is a large piece of purple flannel that I had leftover. It was already cut into a half-circle shape.





From there I cut a neck and some arms holes. I cut strips of the pink fabric on the bias. To give it a little different look, I didn't finish any of the edges (other than using a zig-zag stitch). I love "techniques" that double as a time-saver :)





If only getting BB to pose for pictures was as easy as sewing... well... then I probably wouldn't feel the need to post a picture of her playing roulette. That is what it's called, right?


I also used some of the leftover pink strips to make a matching headband. She actually kept it on her head for at least 30 minutes. This might be a new record! I think she forgot about it when she was so busy running from the camera and making goofy faces.


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Holidays :)




3 comments:

  1. You did a great job. I also love crafting, I make hair accessories. This is my online store: www.etsy.com/shop/shanayscreation


    Found you on Super Sunday Sync.
    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-14-baklava.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad I found your blog! I just got a sewing machine for Christmas and need someone that sews to follow! woot woot! found ya from the Grow Your Blog link up! cute blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to post :)