Monday, January 21, 2013

The Liebster Award!


I have been nominated for The Liebster Award!

And, to be totally honest I had to do a little bit of research to learn exactly what that means.  The origins of The Leibster Award seem to go back to a German blog; liebster means dearest in German.

Bloggers nominate fellow bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. Once you receive the award, you must pay it forward.

A huge shout out to Lisa at One Red Shoe and Agy from Green Issues for nominating me :)

So here goes...


The Liebster Rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself. 


  1. When I was 19 I flew for the first time; I traveled to Morocco alone.
  2. At 22 I packed a bag and moved alone from North Carolina to California.
  3. I have had the hiccups since I was in the 7th grade, but I never have more than 5 in a row and I do it every hour.
  4. I am a vegetarian.
  5. I went for 7 years without cutting my hair.
  6. I also went for 7 years without wearing pants... don't worry, I wore skirts ;)
  7. I don't wash my hair. EVER.
  8. I can only eat things in even numbers... two almonds, two M&Ms, etc...
  9. I was named after a Barry Manilow song.
  10. I met Mother Teresa in Calcutta.
  11. Once I screamed so loud on an amusement park ride that they stopped the ride to let me off.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. (Since I was nominated by two bloggers, I will choose 11 from both lists instead of answering 22!)

1. What is your favorite dish?
aloo saag :)

2. How easy or difficult was it for you to come up with the name for your blog?
Easy!  Back in 2000, I toyed with the idea of selling my own clothes and candles.  I briefly started a business called "Mandy Made" and I even had a logo.

3. Who is your favorite superhero?
Wonderwoman!!

4. If you had to live with either eight monkeys or ten goats, which would you choose?
Probably goats because they would eliminate a lot of waste.  And monkeys would probably move my things around.

5. What are the three strangest things in your purse/wallet right now?
A small roll of toilet paper, a pair of girl's tights, a can of Lysol.

6. What's one thing that you've eaten that you will never, ever eat again?
meat!

7. Who is your favourite actor?
Ian Somerhalder... sigh... look him up... really

8. What's your strangest dream?
Once I dreamed how to knit.  I was trying the day before to teach myself and could not figure it out.  That night I dreamed about it. I woke up and knit a hat!

9. Where were you or what were you doing when you first realized that you wanted to start your blog?
My husband noticed that I was wasting a lot of time online with things that were not strengthening me as a person.  That's when I decided to get in the driver's seat so to speak.  It was a way to move from being passive to being more active.

10. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Monkey brains :(

11.  Did you work during school or college, and what did the job entail? 
I have had many jobs during college and grad school, but the most unusual for me was picking berries on a farm.  


3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.

1. If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
2. What kind of animal do you resemble most?
3. Do you yell at other drivers from inside your car when traffic is bad?
4. If you could go back in time and listen to someone's advise (that you ignored before), what would that advise be?
5. What kind of music do you like?
6. If you had a whole day to yourself without any obligations what would you do?
7. If you could learn a new language which one would you choose and why?
8. Who is your roll model?
9. What actor or actress would play you in a movie?
10. How do you want people to remember you after they meet you?
11. What is the most important reason that you blog?


4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate. 


1. Second Story Sewing
2. ASG in the SLC
3. Nicole at Home
4. Paisley & Polka Dot Threads
5. Pattern Schmattern
6. Rain on a Tin Roof
7. The Little Moments
8. True Pure Lovely
9. Sweeter than Cupcakes
10. Made With Whimsy
11.The Little Moments

5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.



6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

Thanks again to Lisa at One Red Shoe and Agy from Green Issues!!
I am honored to be part of such a wonderful blogging community :)

6 comments:

  1. GUUUURRRRLLLLLL I am right there with you on Ian Somerholder. I twitter stalk him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the nomination! I'm so excited!

    Jenna @ http://www.rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I had to look up this Ian guy. Wow and wow again. :) And I loved reading your facts. Some of them make me wonder. (#7- never???; #3- wow, that's a long time...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I looked up Ian too - yummy! Reading #1 and #2 - such an independent and free spirit. I don't think I would have had the guts at that age to break away from the paths set for me - maybe I should have!! Meeting Mother Theresa - that is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having no idea what this award was before finding out about the nomination, I can only say wholeheartedly that she is deserving of it.
    Congrats on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got my Liebster Award post up! Thanks so much for the nomination! If you want, you can read it here: http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/03/liebster-blog-award-again.html

    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to post :)