Saturday, February 23, 2013

Upcycled Sweater Skirt


Have you ever had an item of clothing that was occupying precious space in your closet for years even though you never wear it? I have been hanging onto a camel colored sweater dress for no apparent reason.

It had a hole in it, but I liked it so much that I just couldn't part with it. I'm not sure why I never thought of this before, but I turned it into a skirt.

This was such an easy idea. If you can sew knits, you can do this. And, while you may not have this exact sweater dress in the back of your closet, I like sharing these ideas because, well... who knows what you will come up with!



Here is my before picture. 
It may not look like much here; 
it's obvious that she has been a bit neglected. 


Step 1: Cut


Step 2: Attach cowl-neck to skirt.
With the right sides together I pinned the neck (waist) to the skirt in four places.  I stretched the neck as much as I possible while sewing, trying not to cause any pleats to form in the skirt.


Easy Peasy!
In fact I have been doing LOTS of little easy projects in the last few weeks. So expect some more ridiculously simple ideas ahead :)



2 comments:

  1. Love all your wonderfully creative and crafty ideas Mandy! I'm getting ready to declutter my closet for Spring, and I think I will try to see what items I might be able to revamp either for my own use or for my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! I love it!

    Bobi
    bobijensen.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to post :)